Wednesday, January 22, 2014

BAM!


WHAM! So, I was driving on the Raleigh Beltline yesterday (I-440) and was behind a truck that had a lot of what looked to be construction debris in the back. When all of a sudden, several pieces of something flew out of the back of the truck and I could see one of them heading straight for my windshield! It looked like a big piece of wood or something maybe a foot square. Anyway, it hit my new car with a big Thud and I was happy that the windshield didn't break but I just knew there would be a dent somewhere, maybe on the roof. I backed way off the truck (maybe I should have from the beginning) and when they turned off I got the license number. When I got to my destination I looked and all I saw was a spot on the windshield that was small and I was not sure was permanent. Later on I noticed a small dent in the metal frame around the windshield. I called the Raleigh Police and my insurance agent and we decided to just file it as a small comprehensive claim as it seems I am covered for "flying objects". So, I am looking at a $100 deductible to get this thing fixed and it won't increase my premiums, but Wow what a scary moment and what a headache this careless driver is causing me....

Can you notice the dent, here?
Damage in perspective...

The damage...marks on the windshield and dent on the molding...

No comments:

Post a Comment